Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > Maxisys Pro Dissapoints on 2004 Hyundai ...
Maxisys Pro Dissapoints on 2004 Hyundai XG350

1749 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2018-04-28 00:09:13

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2018-04-11 01:20:11
      I had a code P0456 small Evap leak . I used the  active test for the purge control solenoid which worked , but could find no active test listed for the Evap Vent (close valve).
        I looked under special functions and it listed a Evap leak test which it appeared to do and complete but there was no PID data displayed during the test and no pass or fail result of the test was shown after it had completed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zODklbOTpwY

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2018-04-11 06:00:31 (Reply to:witsend)

First delete the DTC code, run the Evap leak test when finish Read DTC codes if the code come back that means the leak still there, if not then there are no leaks.

•   Level 4   
    (141) points
    Bestdamgarage

2018-04-13 17:00:08 (Reply to:promaster)

Alot of vehicle do not run the small evap leak test with the service bay test you need eeld or smoke machine

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2018-04-28 00:09:13 (Reply to:promaster)
      Even if evap leak test failure results in a code after clearing the code beforehand,it is only going to confirm, that it indeed still has a small leak somewhere that has not been resolved. This test be more useful to confirm a problem before repair, and confirm the repair afterwards, however I need  active test  to close the canister vent valve (canister close valve) with the scantool to smoke test the system to find the leak without unnecessary work of dropping the canister down to access the valve on top  and manually grounding  a wire to hear the vent valve works or pinch off some hose I can't see where it goes to know which hose I would need  to pinch off.
  Total1 Pages